Further update received today on the 910xt.
As predicted the demand for the 910xt has outstripped supply. We have been advised late today that the allocation for Australia's portion of the 910xt will simple not fulfill the orders we currently have. Exactly where the cut-off line is is completely unknown and we will not know until a few days prior to receiving them.
Our Pre-Order system has always been based on 'first in best dressed' and every customer is placed in a strict order queue which is updated manually immediately upon order placement. We never give numbers ordered or sold due to commercial reasons, but I can say that based on what I am hearing today, 910xt's will initially come into Australia in small quantities all the way up to Xmas. Quite simply put, they will be very very hard to get if you have not or do not pre-order. What stock we get will always be provided first to those that have pre-orders in place.
Our phones are running hot and emails all have the same questions at the moment. When is it out and will I be guaranteed one if I place an order today ? The answer is now unfortunately 'no'. What I can say is that If you do place an order, you are guaranteed to secure a 910xt as soon as we can get one for you. As each day goes on, the orders are increasing and making it harder and harder to provide an answer as to exactly when a constant supply of 910's will occur. I can only honestly reiterate, stock through to and now beyond Xmas will be very limited. Worldwide demand has simply been phenomenal.
Lastly, the other important guarantee I can provide is that if you do happen to have placed a pre-order, we will always offer a full refund at anytime, no questions asked.
If you currently have a pre-order with us and wish to cancel, you are welcome to by calling us on 03-9598-7888 or sending us an email customerservice@highlytunedathletes.com.au
If you specifically wish to know if you are guaranteed to get one in the 1st batch ? I simply cannot answer this. If your ordered one close to release date, then your are more likely than if you ordered one today.
After our first batch arrives, we expect subsequent deliveries to roll in week by week. We are doing absolutely all we can to provide the best service to everyone at all times and in a fair manner. (please dont ask me to bump you up the queue, as it will save me from disappointing you)
On the matter of trialling a 910xt and a review, we highly recommend DCRainmakers reviews as the best in the business. We have had a preproduction model in our hands for about a week and will be offering a launch night on Tuesday 22nd Nov at our new training centre at 579 Hampton St, Hampton, where everyone will be able to try it on and have a play with it. Places will be limited. An invite will be sent out to our database on Monday and also announced here in the forum.
Stay tuned and we will continue to provide updates as they come to hand.
If you wish to call me to discuss, you are welcome to on 03-9598-7888.
Cheers
Rob
Thanks for the update page Rob.
ReplyDeleteWith regard to the Launch Night, is that the day that initial stocks are expected for delivery? I recall that Nov 16 was the expected initial first batch date.
Thanks for the updates and the "highly tuned" service.
ReplyDeleteIt's very exciting, almost like the Apple product releases...
DCRainmakers post was on October 4, I pre-ordered on October 5...hopefully I'm in the first batch...it's gonna be exciting!!
Is comment 192 something that is going to affect us?
ReplyDeletehttp://www.dcrainmaker.com/2011/10/garmin-forerunner-910xt-in-depth-review.html#comment-6084291406921620007
Nathan. Last update I have from garmin yesterday was for delivery12th Dec with further information to be provided on Monday. Not sure what the posters source is as they are anonymous and do not quote who the retailer is. As it has been delayed twice so far, I would not discount any further delays as being possible. Regardless, as soon as we know, we pass information on as it doesn't serve us well to sugar coat any details. You can also be assured that we are at the forefront of this new product and are getting information daily.
ReplyDeleteRob Grinter